Steven Kotler - Peak-Performance Aging: Using Flow States to Stay Vibrant
In this episode of the Psychedelic Podcast, Paul F. Austin reunites with renowned author Steven Kotler to dive deep into the realms of peak performance aging and flow states.
Find episode links, summary, and transcript here: https://thethirdwave.co/podcast/episode-205-steven-kotler/
Kotler's latest book, Gnar Country: Growing Old, Staying Rad takes center stage as they explore the profound impact of continuous learning, experiences in nature, and adventurous pursuits throughout life. With Kotler's expertise in human performance, the conversation uncovers the secrets to maintaining optimal mental states and staying active in later life.
Listeners will embark on a thought-provoking journey into the possibilities of thriving in aging as Steven decodes the neurobiology of flow.
Steven Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author, award-winning journalist, and the Executive Director of the Flow Research Collective. He is one of the world’s leading experts on human performance.
Steven is the author of eleven bestsellers out of fourteen books, including The Art of Impossible, The Future is Faster Than You Think, Stealing Fire (part of the curriculum in the Psychedelic Coaching Institute’s Coaching Certification Program), The Rise of Superman, Bold, and Abundance. His work has been nominated for two Pulitzer Prizes, translated into over 50 languages, and has appeared in over 100 publications, including the New York Times Magazine, Wired, Atlantic Monthly, Wall Street Journal, TIME, and the Harvard Business Review.
Alongside his wife, author Joy Nicholson, he is also the co-founder of The Buddy Sue Hospice Home for Old Dogs, a canine elder care facility, and Rancho de Chihuahua, a dog rescue and sanctuary.
- Steven’s motivation to write his newest book on peak performance aging, Gnar Country.
- Steven’s favorite adult development models related to healthy aging.
- Decoding the neurobiology of flow and establishing a solid scientific foundation.
- Examining flow from ancient Eastern and Western philosophical perspectives.
- Steven’s reflections on bringing flow into corporate environments.
- Why older employees could be the dream workforce of the 21st century.
- Steven’s flow principles of aging successfully & maintaining cognitive function.
- Exploring the surprising benefits of action sports for peak performance aging.
- Skills cultivation, nature experiences, & the importance of “leisure activities” in old age.
- Steven’s website: https://www.stevenkotler.com/
- Get Steven’s latest book, Gnar Country: https://www.gnarcountry.com/
- Steven’s experiment training adults in park skiing: https://www.gnarcountry.com/gnar-country-experiment
- Steven's training program, Zero-to-Dangerous: http://www.getmoreflow.com
- Apollo Neuro. Third Wave listeners get 15% off.