Stonewall with Eric Marcus
Eric Marcus is a journalist, founder and host of The Making Gay History Podcast. He joins us today to compare history with the 2015 Roland Emmerich movie Stonewall.
Want to learn more?
Eric provided these resources for you to learn more about the true story of Stonewall.
- Stonewall Fact Sheet: https://stonewall50consortium.org/stonewallfactsheet.pdf
- Stonewall First Anniversary Pride March Fact Sheet: https://stonewall50consortium.org/pridemarchfactsheet.pdf
- Making Gay History Podcast Stonewall Season: https://makinggayhistory.com/season-five/
- "Stonewall: The Making of a Monument" NY Times Op-Doc: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/04/opinion/gay-pride-stonewall.html
- Stonewall National Monument 3-D Tour: https://cyark.org/projects/stonewall-national-monument/Guided-Tour/snm-en
- Stonewall: The Riots That Sparked the Gay Revolution by David Carter (the definitive book on the Stonewall uprising): https://bookshop.org/a/9789/9780312671938
- “The Stonewall You Know is a Myth”: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000006322550/stonewall-lgbt-pride-anniversary.html
Did you enjoy this episode?
You can find the transcript and show notes for this episode at: https://www.basedonatruestorypodcast.com/165/
Support our sponsors: https://www.basedonatruestorypodcast.com/advertisers
Or get ad-free content and exclusive bonus content by supporting the show directly: https://basedonatruestorypodcast.com/support/
Get a peek at upcoming episodes with the email newsletter.https://www.basedonatruestorypodcast.com/newsletter/
Want a chance to be heard on the show? Leave a voicemail at +1 (405) 334-4672.