Stop Selling and Start Closing With Dan Lappin
Join The Five to make every sale.
- There is a lot of psychology that goes into selling
- Breaking Sales is to help someone become objective
- A lot of salespeople grind and hustle and struggle
- They become attached to the outcome
- "I hope they like me. I hope I get the business. I hope I get invited back."
- Professional athletes know to let go of the outcome
- Golfers need to focus on the execution of the swing not the fact they just double-bogeyed the last hole
- When you focus on the outcome you change the execution of the skill, and that creates too much struggle
- Bring out peak performance
- Sleep, eat right, be sharp, exercise, meditate
- These are the new routines of top performers
- Adults learn well but we're attached to our history and efforts and past results so it's hard to change our habits and actions
- The key to a good sales conversation is your mindset
- It's not just who is asking the questions or giving more information
The new routines of top performers include sleeping, eating, exercising, and even meditating."
- We're all guarded at first
- Will this conversation help us or harm us?
- Most salespeople want and need something from the prospect
- Have a helping/serving mindset
- You need to have a detached mindset
- There are no good or bad answers
- Don't assign values to answers. Just accept them for what they are.
- How many of your prospects have decided to make a change before you ever show up? Most salespeople admit only 10-30% are at that stage.
- For those ready to make a change you can follow "old school" sales tactics.
- To get exponential growth you need to get better at addressing the other 70-80%.
- How many of those are even ready and/or need to change?
- It's human nature to overestimate and underestimate
- You have to "spar" to gain more confidence. This is done in the deal dissection.
- Hesitancy, anxiety, disappointment, frustration, etc. can show up and blow up your meeting
- Detach so you're not thrown off by "bad" answers
- Those answers "don't mean anything, yet."
- Turn into those "bad" answers
- Role play with your teammates first (AI can help with your roleplaying)
- This is a lifetime project because sales is a profession
- Do a sales detox before you get on the phone
- Your prospects become defensive when they detect sales patterns
- Ask a lazy question, get a lazy answer
- Have an advisor mindset, detach, ask meaningful questions
- Can you help? How can you help? Are they ready for help?
Use these resources to grow your sales:
- Sell More This Month
- Hire Better Salespeople
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Find Your Best CRM
- Join the Free Facebook Group
Check out early episodes of The Sales Podcast:
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store