Sulforaphane and Its Effects on Cancer, Mortality, Aging, Brain and Behavior, Heart Disease & More
This podcast is about one of the most important biological pathways you could possibly take the time to learn about: the NRF2 pathway.
The most potent naturally-occurring inducer of this pathway, a plant compound known as sulforaphane, may be one of the most potent health-enhancing compounds at our disposal and yet... no one is keeping it out of your hands! No $1,000 per pill markup is keeping it out of your hands -- it’s available to anyone willing to take the little bit of time it takes each week to produce broccoli sprouts.
In some respects, broccoli sprouts may even be a great equalizer in a way... while it’s true that healthy food can often be expensive, it’s even reasonably possible for a person to take $20 worth of seeds and feed their whole family some of the most healthful greens you could get your hands on. This video will tell you why.
Here are a few of the more salient points surrounding sulforaphane that are discussed in this podcast...
- Profound changes in lipid biomarkers, reducing heart disease risk by as much as 50% in humans.
- Massive reductions in cancer risk in humans and also highly effective as a cancer intervention, particularly prostate and breast but also many others.
- Steep reductions in inflammation in humans.
- Shown in mice to be as effective as prozac as an anti-depressant.
- Steep behavioral changes in humans with respect to certain neurological disorders, such as autism.
- Causes dramatic boosts in the excretion of air pollutants (up to 60%) in humans.