Summer Special: The Booker Prizes Does Love Island
The sun is shining, the sea is glistening and we're heading off to Booker Island – our very own version of Love Island. This week we're pairing up fictional characters from novels in the Booker archive, so tune in to find out who's coupled up, who's getting mugged off and who's getting dumped in our quest to find the ultimate literary romantic couple.
Books discussed in this episode:
- Notes on a Scandal by Zoë Heller
- The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch
- Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- The Sellout by Paul Beatty
- On Beauty by Zadie Smith
- Us by David Nicholls
- Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart
- The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Any Human Heart by William Boyd
- G by John Berger
- Mother's Milk by Edward St Aubyn
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
A full transcript of the episode is available on our website.
Follow The Booker Prize Podcast so you never miss an episode. Visit http://thebookerprizes.com/podcast to find out more about us, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok @thebookerprizes.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices