SuperRare // creating a tokenized digital art marketplace [UP080]
John Crain is the Founder and CEO of SuperRare.
SuperRare is a marketplace to collect and trade unique, single-edition digital artworks. Each artwork is authentically created by an artist in the network, and tokenized as a crypto-collectible digital item that you can own and trade.
Each artwork on SuperRare is a digital collectible– a digital object secured by cryptography and tracked on the blockchain. That’s just a fancy way of saying they’re provably scarce items that can be collected, and that hold value just like cryptocurrencies like ether and bitcoin.
You can think of SuperRare like Instagram meets Robinhood. A new way to interact with art, culture, and collecting on the internet!
- Getting to the world of crypto 10:45
- Difference of Bitcoin and Etherium 13:31
- What's does SuperRare offer 14:58
- SuperRare 16:28
- Crypto Kitties 20:02
- Art world and Technology 23:00
- What is Digital art? 25:49
- Collecting digital art 26:45
- Value of digital art 30:57
- Audience of SuperRare 34:00
- Certificate of Authenticity 35:37
- SuperRare as a marketplace business 40:36
- Transaction fees and costs 45:52
- The future of art/museums 51:17
Learn more about SuperRare: https://superrare.co/
Follow John Crain: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnacrain/
Follow upside on Twitter: https://twitter.com/upsidefm
This episode of upside is sponsored by Ethos Wealth Management. Managing wealth with an eye toward the future demands vigilance and skill in today’s global economy. Over the years, Ethos Wealth Management has worked with clients and their other professional advisors – including attorneys and accountants – to create comprehensive wealth management plans designed to make the best use of their wealth today and help ensure its endurance for future generations.
They can do the same for you.
Visit upside.fm/ethos to learn more.
Want to share information about your company, or an opportunity with the upside audience?
Book a classified advertisement and your advertisement will be read in an upcoming episode of the show.
Classified ads are priced at $100, and are:
- read by Jay and/or Eric on upside
- linked from the show notes
- linked from this website, upside.fm