Susan Allen | Collaboration In The Face Of Adversity
Nicola Denning-Millar connects with Susan Allen
Susan has over 20 years’ progressive experience in the ‘Commercial Real Estate Industry’ in the operation and management of leading award-winning flagship assets including Toronto Eaton Centre, where she led a team of 160 people. In this capacity, she was responsible for the strategy, vision and day to day operations of the multi-billion dollar asset and led the team through the harrowing shooting in the “Urban Eatery’ in 2012. She is involved in a number of different industry associations, is active in several committees and councils and has won numerous awards including a Canadian TOBY building of the year and Earth awards.
In this episode, Susan shares her career journey, passion, knowledge and insights and speaks to the following:
- Framing a career in Class A Commercial RE Assets
- Favourite asset class to manage and differentiators between retail and office
- Transition from Landlord to Not for Profit
- Importance of professional development to stay on top of your game
- Objectives and responsibilities’ of being President, BOMA Toronto
- Importance of soft skills when building a team
- The power of collaboration and cohesiveness during COVID 19
- Positive contributions of BOMA to the Industry
- What it takes to be a great leader and to drive excellence
- The significance of fun and acknowledgement to build a positive environment
- Benefits of networking and finding a mentor
- The wise words of Buddha!