TGCI 191: Building a real-estate portfolio while working for Airbnb full-time!
In today’s show, Pancham interviews Saket Jain - real estate investor, syndicator, business operations leader at Airbnb Headquarters, and founder and CEO of Impact Wealth Builders.
Saket has been succeeding with his single source of income and never imagined that he would be laid off from work. But when reality hits, he explores and discovers that there’s actually so much more out there and he is simply in the wrong crowd! With owning over 2000 units, he is now committed to aspire others to be the next generation of wealth builders!
Listen to this episode as he shares his victim-to-victor mindset, explores other potential jobs, and how Airbnb found him. He’ll also guide us and offer his advice to rookie and aspiring investors as he enlightens us with his journey to achieve financial freedom and the lessons he learned from his prior deals!
Listen and enjoy the show!
“My interior monologue went from ‘Why me?’ to ‘Why not me?’ and ‘Why not now?’ So I flipped my switch from being a victim to victor.”
- 0:37 - Pancham introduces Saket to the show
- 2:24 - How getting laid-off from work empowered his victor mindset
- 6:25 - Exploring available opportunities and changing his own system
- 10:32 - From investing in cash-flowing assets to using it as a tax-saving tool
- 15:11 - On changing your perspective and leveraging your resources
- 18:43 - Developing a relationship mindset on his multi-family deals
- 23:17 - On doing long-term investment amidst the current market position
- 30:48 - Taking the Leap Round
- 30:48 - His first accidental investment outside of Wall Street
- 31:20 - How he overcome trepidation and limiting beliefs
- 33:09 - Why his first passive investment didn’t reach his expectations
- 34:24 - Why investors should understand and learn about their fear
- 37:27 - How you can connect with Saket
3 Key Points:
- You may not be able to avoid being laid off from your job, but you can be prepared for it by dedicating a little bit of your time to learning about other available opportunities.
- Don’t hesitate to invest in your education - whether through mentors, seminars, workshops, podcasts, and books - as it could help you build a strong foundation.
- When you’re starting out, it’s best to work with a syndicator and an operator who have a teacher mindset as they’ll help you build your knowledge, network, and your experience.
Get in Touch:
- Impact Wealth Builders Website - https://dev.impactwealthbuilders.com/
- Saket Jain LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/jainsaket/
- Saket Jain Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listen to TGCI Episode #4 at https://thegoldcollarinvestor.com/show4/
- The Gold Collar Investor Club - https://thegoldcollarinvestor.com/club/
- Pancham Gupta Email - email@example.com