THE LEADERSHIP JOURNEY PODCAST SEASON 2, EPISODE 16: RUSSELL BIRNEY PART 3
In this week’s episode Russell talks about the process of leading change (be aware that people have different attitudes to change), and about some of the biggest challenges he faced in leadership.
He also has advice about retirement, and shares his main lessons on spiritual leadership:
- The importance of a consistent walk with God;
- Making sure your personal priorities are in order: beware of the cost of ‘success’!
- Be accountable to someone who will pray for you and strengthen you;
- Dispense with the idea of status!
And here is James Lawrence’s visual representation of how people respond to change (from his book, Growing Leaders):
A question for leaders:
- Are there issues which you believe to be ‘red lines’, where people need to be challenged?
Next week’s guest is Roz Stirling, director of Cleopas Ministries.