TIP295: Mohnish Pabrai on Value Investing & Philanthropy (Business Podcast)
On today's show, we talk to entrepreneur and value investing legend, Mohnish Pabrai. Mohnish is the founder of Pabrai Investment Funds and has outperformed the S&P500 for two decades.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How Mohnish Pabrai thinks about biases.
- Why and how Mohnish Pabrai uses his checklist in stock investing.
- How has the shorter tenure of stock in S&P500 made Mohnish think of compounders.
- Why Mohnish started Dakshana foundation.
- How Mohnish Pabrai uses his investor mindset to give to charities with the highest possible return.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Mohnish Pabrai's Reading List.
- Learn more about Mohnish Pabrai’s Dakshana Foundation.
- Mohnish Pabrai’s website.
- Larry Cunningham’s book, The Essays of Warren Buffett – Read reviews of this book.
- Mohnish Pabrai's book: The Dhandho Investor.
- Discover CMC Markets, the ultimate platform for online trading on mobile and desktop.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Capital One. This is Banking Reimagined.
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- Solve your long list of must-reads once and for all with Blinkist.
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back with Radius Bank. Get a $50 sign on bonus with promo code “TIP”.
- The brand new season of Billions is now streaming only on Stan. Start your 30 day free trial today!
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!