TIP328: Balanced Portfolio Allocation - w/ Damien Bisserier & Alex Shahidi (Business Podcast)
In today’s episode, we sit down with Alex Shahidi and Damien Bisserier from Evoke Advisors, to discuss balanced portfolio allocation tactics used by billionaires like Ray Dalio.
Damien used to work for Dalio at Bridgewater Associates - the largest Hedge fund in the world with more than $160B under management, while Alex has over 20 years of experience managing billions of dollars for his clients. We discuss why, after years of research, Alex and Damien have concluded that a portfolio based on risk parity is the optimal structure for any investor.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to create a portfolio with a balance risk and reward for each investment
- How to access the strategy used by Billionaire Ray Dalio
- How this portfolio should endure any economic climate
- Why each holding in your portfolio should be as uncorrelated as possible
- What it’s like to work for Ray Dalio using “radical transparency”
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Risk Parity ETF (Ticker: RPAR)
- Evoke Advisors
- TIP Finance Tool for tracking portfolio correlation
- Check out our top picks for the Best Investing Podcasts in 2020
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- BlockFi provides financial products for crypto investors. Products include high-yield interest accounts, USD loans, and no fee trading. For a limited time, you can earn a bonus of $25 when you open a new account. Just go to theinvestorspodcast.com/blockfi to start earning today.
- Solve your long list of must-reads once and for all with Blinkist.
- Capital One. This is Banking Reimagined. What’s in your wallet?
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
GET IN TOUCH WITH STIG AND TREY