TIP340: Hedge Funds, SPACs, and Chocolate w/ Jason Karp
In today's show, Trey Lockerbie is joined by Jason Karp. Jason has had an incredible career, starting as a quant at major hedge funds like SAC Capital, under billionaire Steve Cohen, as well as Carlson Capital, where he became the Co-Chief Investment Officer. He then moved on to start his own fund, Tourbillon Capital, which at its peak managed over $4 Billion in AUM.
Along the way, he helped his family start a successful company called Hu, most known for its chocolate bars, which was recently sold to Mondelez. For his next act, he has now founded HumanCo, which focuses on providing permanent capital to health and wellness brands, as well the launch of a recent SPAC or Special Purpose Acquisition Company.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- The view from the mountain top
- Opportunities in health and wellness
- What is a SPAC and why they are so popular at the moment
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- HumanCO's Website
- HumanCO/CAVU SPAC's Website
- SunOpta's Website
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- Elevate your writing with 20% off Grammarly Premium.
- Automate your money with M1 Finance. Get $30 when you sign up for free today.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today.
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter.
- join OurCrowd’s Investment in ByondXR—a platform that’s enabling the world's leading brands to attract customers with the future of virtual shopping journeys. Open your account today.
- Invest in high-yield, professionally managed real estate, starting with as little as $10K with EquityMultiple.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
GET IN TOUCH WITH TREY AND STIG