TIP341: Investing Mastermind Q1 2021 w/ Toby Carlisle, Wes Gray, and Jake Taylor
For this week’s Mastermind discussion Stig has invited Tobias Carlisle from Acquirer's Fund, Jake Taylor from Farnam Street Investments, and Dr. Wes Gray from Alpha Architect. All three guests are highly successful asset managers. They’re discussing why it’s too simplistic to argue that low-interest rates are pushing up stock prices and much more.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How and why Cathie Wood and ARK ETFs are moving the stock market
- How to utilize 13 forms in your investment strategy
- How exposed should you be to equities in the current market conditions?
- Is the Schiller P/E valid as a measure of market valuation?
- Why it’s too simplistic to say that low-interest rates are good for stocks
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Tobias Carlisle’s podcast, The Acquirer's Podcast
- Tobias Carlisle’s Acquirer's Fund
- Tobias Carlisle’s book, The Acquirer's Multiple – read reviews of this book
- Tobias Carlisle’s Acquirer’s Multiple stock screener: AcquirersMultiple.com
- Tweet directly to Tobias Carlisle
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s and Toby Carlisle's book: Quantitative Value – Read Reviews for this book
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s website: Alpha Architect
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s book: Quantitative Momentum – Read Reviews for this book
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s Twitter
- Check out the current Schiller P/E
- Jake Taylor’s company, Farnam Street Investments.
- Tweet directly to Jake Taylor.
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- Elevate your writing with 20% off Grammarly Premium.
- join OurCrowd’s Investment in ByondXR—a platform that’s enabling the world's leading brands to attract customers with the future of virtual shopping journeys. Open your account today.
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter.
- Automate your money with M1 Finance. Get $30 when you sign up for free today.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today.
- Have everything you need to grow online with Squarespace. Use code WSB to save 10% off your first website or domain purchase.
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online.
- Find opportunities to help diversify your portfolio with investments in alternative asset classes with minimums starting at $1,000 with Yieldstreet.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
GET IN TOUCH WITH TREY AND STIG