TIP346: Masterclass in Valuation w/ Chris Bloomstran
On today’s show, Stig has invited famous investor Chris Bloomstran from Semper Augustus to teach us a masterclass about valuation techniques. It’s no surprise that Chris Bloomstran is heavily followed on Dataroma alongside investors like Warren Buffett and Howard Marks.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to value a company’s equity portfolio
- 4 methods to estimate the intrinsic value of Berkshire Hathaway
- Why Berkshire Hathaway, contrary to popular belief, doesn’t have a lot of cash on its balance sheet
- How to size your position based on your valuation and expected performance
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Read Chris Bloomstran’s website
- Read Chris Bloomstran’s letters to his clients
- Tobias Carlisle’s interview with Chris Bloomstran
- Buffett resource on CNBC
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR. Save 10% with promo code BILLION10
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading staking service, where you can put your crypto to work for you and earn up to 20% in additional rewards annually
- Whether you’re a small office sending out invoices, an online seller shipping out orders, or even a giant warehouse sending thousands of packages a day, handle it all with ease with Stamps.com. Use the promo code WSB
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged
- Follow other investors, discover companies to believe in, invest with any amount of money with Public.com. You’ll even get a free slice of stock when you join
- Have everything you need to grow online with Squarespace. Use code WSB to save 10% off your first website or domain purchase
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!