TIP351: The Psychology of Money w/ Morgan Housel
In today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie sits down with Morgan Housel, who is a partner at Venture Capital and PE firm Collaborative Fund. He’s a former columnist at The Motley Fool and Wall Street Journal, and also the author of the international best-selling book, The Psychology of Money.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How time is the biggest factor in Warren Buffett’s success
- How Ben Graham wouldn’t read his own book today
- How success is a lousy teacher
- How Risk and Luck go hand in hand
- And how to win in investing requires playing a different game than everyone else
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Morgan Housel’s Blog
- The Psychology of Money Book
- What Happened in 1971?
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading staking service, where you can put your crypto to work for you and earn up to 20% in additional rewards annually
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR. Save 10% with promo code BILLION10
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Get into a topic quickly, find new topics, and figure out which books you want to spend more time listening to more deeply with Blinkist. Get 25% off and a 7-day free trial today
- Simplify working with multiple freelancers, set budgets, and manage projects with ease with Fiverr Business. Get 1 free year and save 10% on your purchase on with promo code INVESTORS
- Uncover thousands of business ideas and discover the steps you need to execute with My First Million. Search My First Million on your podcast app
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!