TIP357: The New Era of Investing w/ Ross Gerber
In today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie sits down with Ross Gerber, the CEO of Gerber Kawasaki - a financial advisory firm which currently manages over $1.9 billion. Ross helped pioneer the popularity of what we now know as Fintwit - essentially using Twitter and other social media platforms for financial content and discussion. He’s a regular on Bloomberg and CNBC as well as a contributor to Forbes.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- (01:37 ) The recent statements from FED chairman, Jerome Powell and what to expect in the markets
- (17:17 ) His massively successful trade on Tesla
- (34:00 ) How Nvidia sits in the middle of the Venn diagram between climate change and technology investment themes
- (37:14 ) Vice industries such as cannabis, gambling, and even psychedelics.
- (48:43 ) The retail trader movement and how GK has disrupted the traditional advisory industry
- (47:54 ) His background in music and how it has helped his career in finance
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences
BOOK AND RESOURCES:
- Gerber Kawasaki website
- Gerber Kawasaki ETF
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Thank an awesome human with the best scrubs in the world -- FIGS! Enter promo code WSB at checkout to get 15% off
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter
- Savor every moment with ButcherBox. New members can get one pack of free bacon in EVERY box for the life of their membership when they sign up
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR. Save 10% with promo code BILLION10
- Have high-quality, sustainably sourced Wild-Caught Seafood delivered right to your door with Wild Alaskan Company. Order today and get $15 off your 1st box of premium seafood
- Uncover thousands of business ideas and discover the steps you need to execute with My First Million. Search My First Million on your podcast app
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading exchange where you can buy Bitcoin
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!