TIP358: Inflation Hedging with Farmland w/ Carter Malloy
On today’s show, Stig Brodersen speaks with the CEO of AcreTrader Carter Malloy about Farmland investing. With rising inflation and Bill Gates being America’s top farmland owner with a $690 million investment, we want to understand the nuts and bolts of the $9 Trillion asset class.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- (01:45 ) Why Farmland investing is hedging your inflation exposure
- (14:52 ) What are the risks when investing in Farmland
- (34:35 ) Disruption in Farmland investing, including global warming
- (48:22 ) Farmland investing for international investors
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Visit AcreTrader’s website
- Our interview with Masterworks about investing in art
- Our interview with CrowdStreet about investing in Commercial Real Estate
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!