TIP361: The Race for Space w/ Ben Claremon & Eugene Robin
In today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie welcomes back Ben Claremon and Eugene Robin from Cove Street Capital. They quickly touch on the performance of Lumen Technologies, a stock they pitched on our show back in December 2020, whose price subsequently has risen 50% in Q1. But for this episode, Claremon and Robin mainly discuss the Race to Space and their position in Viasat. If you only follow the headlines, you would think Elon Musk is on an unencumbered path to space domination, especially with his satellite business under SpaceX called Starlink.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN:
- (24:49 ) How Viasat might currently be wildly underappreciated by the market
- (06:15 ) How Starlink compares to Viasat in the future of satellite broadband
- (01:02:49 ) Their intrinsic value of Viasat and much much more
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Check out our Investing Starter Packs about business and finance
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more
- Thank an awesome human with the best scrubs in the world -- FIGS! Enter promo code WSB at checkout to get 15% off
- Savor every moment with ButcherBox. New members can get one pack of free bacon in EVERY box for the life of their membership when they sign up
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter
- Teach kids good money habits the fun and easy way with GoHenry’s debit card for kids and app for parents. Get one free month with promo code WSB
- Have high quality, sustainably-sourced Wild-Caught Seafood delivered right to your door with Wild Alaskan Company. Order today and get $15 off your 1st box of premium seafood
- Get into a topic quickly, find new topics, and figure out which books you want to spend more time listening to more deeply with Blinkist. Get 25% off and a 7-day free trial today
- Access conference calls, investor presentations, transcripts and earnings reports as frictionless as possible with Quartr. Available now on Google Play
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading exchange where you can buy Bitcoin
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!