TIP363: The Game of Investing w/ Bing Gordon
In today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie sits down with Bing Gordon. Bing is a legend in the silicon valley world, having first been a co-founder of Electronic Arts (EA), then went on to be a director at Zynga, Audible, Zume, Duolingo, and others. For the last 18 years, he’s also sat on the board at Amazon. He’s now sitting on the other side of the table, as a partner at the prestigious VC firm, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- (04:01 ) The gaming industry and how it’s evolved since his time at EA
- (19:21 ) What it’s been like to sit on the board of Amazon and how that opportunity materialized
- (49:52 ) What makes a great investment and how founders should be protected at all costs
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Trey Lockerbie Twitter
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Check out our Investing Starter Packs about business and finance
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
- Have high-quality, sustainably sourced Wild-Caught Seafood delivered right to your door with Wild Alaskan Company. Order today and get $15 off your 1st box of premium seafood
- Get help writing your emails, reports, presentations, resumes, blogs today with WordTune
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR. Save 10% with promo code BILLION10
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva
- Start feeling better with a single message. Match with a licensed therapist with Talkspace and get $100 off your first month with the promo code WSB
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more
- Uncover thousands of business ideas and discover the steps you need to execute with My First Million. Search My First Million on your podcast app
- Access conference calls, investor presentations, transcripts and earnings reports as frictionless as possible with Quartr. Available now on Google Play
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading exchange where you can buy Bitcoin
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!