TIP368: The Best Opportunities in CRE w/ Ian Formigle
In today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie speaks with TIP fan favorite, Ian Formigle. Ian is the Chief Investment Officer of Crowdstreet.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- (01:30 ) How CRE has performed since Covid
- (12:41 ) Demographic migration leading to growth in surprising places
- (47:15 ) The silver tsunami aka the baby boomer generation reaching the age of retirement and where opportunities may be present
- (56:13 ) How Crowdstreet weighs external challenges like climate change into their prospectus
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Ian Formigle Twitter
- Trey Lockerbie Twitter
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR. Save 10% with promo code BILLION10
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva
- Donate to GiveWell’s recommended charities and have your donation matched up to $1,000 before the end of August or as long as matching funds last if you've never donated before. Pick PODCAST and We Study Billionaires or enter code TIP at checkout
- Never miss out on a great home because you haven't sold your current one. Experience stress-free home-buying with Orchard.
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Teach kids good money habits the fun and easy way with GoHenry’s debit card for kids and app for parents. Get one free month with promo code WSB
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more
- Get up to 40% off + Free Shipping on Four Sigmatic‘s Mushroom Coffee bundles.
- Uncover thousands of business ideas and discover the steps you need to execute with My First Million. Search My First Million on your podcast app
- Check out our Investing Starter Packs about business and finance
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!