TIP369: How Exceptional People Think w/ Polina Pompliano
In today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie sits down with Polina Pompliano. Polina is the founder and author of The Profile, which is a newsletter that profiles highly successful individuals in business, science, storytelling, sports, and more. Polina has a wealth of knowledge from her many experiences interviewing everyone from Melinda Gates to Jeff Jordan.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- (26:44 ) How exceptional people think
- (07:51 ) Five mental models that are the common denominators for success across nearly every discipline
- (41:18 ) How to run a Maker vs Manager schedule and a whole lot more
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Polina Pompliano Twitter
- Polina's newsletter, The Profile Twitter, and website
- Trey Lockerbie Twitter
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Simplify working with multiple freelancers, set budgets, and manage projects with ease with Fiverr Business. Get 1 free year and save 10% on your purchase with promo code INVESTORS
- Have high-quality, sustainably sourced Wild-Caught Seafood delivered right to your door with Wild Alaskan Company. Order today and get $15 off your 1st box of premium seafood
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more
- The all-electric Cooper SE starts at only $29,900. It’s everything you love about MINI fully electrified. Reserve yours now
- Thank an awesome human with the best scrubs in the world -- FIGS! Enter promo code WSB at checkout to get 15% off
- Get up to 40% off + Free Shipping on Four Sigmatic‘s Mushroom Coffee bundles
- Start feeling better with a single message. Match with a licensed therapist with Talkspace and get $100 off your first month with the promo code WSB
- Check out our Investing Starter Packs about business and finance
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!