TIP411: How the Federal Reserve Broke the American Economy w/ Christopher Leonard
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- 03:40 - The origins of Koch Industries and how Charles rose to his billionaire status.
- 05:37 - The operating system of Koch Industries, known as Market Based Management.
- 15:08 - Charles Koch’s legacy and his mysterious operations behind closed doors.
- 27:14 - The origins of the Federal Reserve and how it operates.
- 31:21 - Actions taken by the FED since the GFC that have resulted in a very challenging predicament for the world's economy.
- 31:46 - The untold story of Thomas Hoenig, a director at the FED, who was the sole opposing vote to the early FED initiatives following the GFC, which resulted in a severely damaged reputation that Christopher aims to redeem and much more.
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Christopher Leonard's website.
- Christopher Leonard's book - Kochland: The Secret History of Koch Industries and Corporate Power in America.
- Christopher Leonard's book - The Lords of Easy Money: How the Federal Reserve Broke the American Economy.
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- New to the show? Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Identify and stop paying for subscriptions you don’t need, want, or simply forgot about with Truebill.
- Yieldstreet allows you to invest beyond the stock market with an evolving marketplace of alternative investments. Create your account today.
- Protect your online activity TODAY with ExpressVPN, the VPN rated #1 by CNET and Wired, and get an extra 3 months FREE on a one-year package.
- Make it simple to hire and manage remote employees across all 50 states with Justworks.
- Get in early on medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more with a FREE OurCrowd account. Open yours today.
- Donate to GiveWell’s recommended charities and have your donation matched up to $1,000 before the end of August or as long as matching funds last if you've never donate before. Pick PODCAST and We Study Billionaires or enter code TIP at checkout.
- Provide future financial protection to the people who matter most to you with the help of TD Term Life Insurance.
- Don’t let anything interfere with your happiness or is prevent you from achieving your goals. Allow BetterHELP to help assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. Get 10% off your first month!
- Canada’s #1 employee benefits plan for small businesses! The Chambers Plan evolves with the way you work and live while keeping the rates stable. Opt for the simple, stable, and smart choice for your business.
- Optimize your payments infrastructure, simplify expansion plans, and create new revenue streams for your business with Stripe. Join millions of companies from all sizes. Learn more and get started today!
- Be part of the solution by investing in companies that are actively engaged in integrating ESG practices with Desjardins.
- Every 28 seconds an entrepreneur makes their first sale on Shopify. Access powerful tools to help you find customers, drive sales, and manage your day-to-day. Start a FREE fourteen-day trial right now!
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
What do you love about our podcast? Here’s our guide on how you can leave a rating and review for the show. We always enjoy reading your comments and feedback!