TIP523: Financial Wisdom w/ Cullen Roche
Stig Brodersen has invited back investment expert Cullen Roche to discuss how to optimize your portfolio for financial independence and sleeping well at night.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:05 - What the difference is between CPI and PCE.
08:31 - Whether central bankers should be elected?
14:46 - What the velocity of money is, and how it impacts inflation?
19:08 - What it means for inflation and the US dollar that the world is decoupling.
28:19 - What a balance sheet recession is and why it is important to understand investors.
34:15 - Whether the 60/40 portfolio is still working.
41:02 - Which longer cycle we are missing in the financial markets.
41:34 - Whether the next 40 years of stock market performance will look like the previous 40 years.
46:28 - Whether central banks fight global warming?
54:31 - Which portfolio to build for independence and sleeping well at night.
1:09:30 - Which bias does the new generation of investors have.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Listen to Stig's interview with Cullen Roche about Macro Investing - TIP486 or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to Inflation Masterclass Continued - TIP472 or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to Inflation Update and the recent FOMC Meeting - TIP420 or watch the video.
- Cullen Roche's website, The Discipline Funds.
- Cullen Roche's website, Pragmatic Capitalism.
- Tweet directly to Cullen Roche.
- Email Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cullen Roche's YouTube channel.
- Cullen Roche’s book, Pragmatic Capitalism – Read reviews here.
- Gavin Jackson’s book, Money in One Lesson - Read reviews here.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get personalized, expert advice that helps you see things clearly with ATB.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- Send, spend, and receive money around the world easily with Wise.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Invest in high-quality, cash-flowing real estate without all of the hassle with Passive Investing.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!