TMHS 338: The Truth About Hormonal Birth Control & How To Go Beyond The Pill - With Guest Dr. Jolene Brighten
Because science is always changing, so is what’s considered normal in the healthcare industry. It’s astounding to think about a time when lobotomies were a normal procedure, or when leeches were considered a medical treatment. This is proof that when we know better, we can make more informed choices.
Being educated about your options, becoming empowered about your body, and choosing to act as your own advocate can go a long way when it comes to improving your health. This is exactly the message that Dr. Jolene Brighten teaches. She is a pioneer in the women’s health field, and her mission is to help women better understand the role of hormonal birth control and its effects, and how to make the best decisions for their own bodies and lifestyles.
This episode is an insightful look into hormones, birth control, and the far-reaching effects of women’s health on our society at large. Dr. Brighten’s experience and knowledge in this area is truly unmatched, and I know you will find useful information in her message. I hope this interview will inspire you to step into your power and take control of your body and your health.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The statistics of the birth control pill being prescribed solely for symptom management.
- How the birth control pill actually works.
- The troubling problem in the medical field with gender bias.
- How birth control can actually make ovaries age.
- The role of estrogen and progesterone in the menstrual cycle.
- Why Dr. Brighten says women have superpowers.
- Nature’s trick with rising estrogen levels during ovulation.
- The three phases of the menstrual cycle.
- The difference between progesterone and progestin.
- How the liver and estrogen are linked.
- The role of the microbiome in women’s health.
- How you can better support your liver.
- The importance of testosterone in the human body.
- A surprising connection between birth control and autoimmunity.
- The three main triggers of autoimmune disease.
- Why you should have access to regular blood work.
- What the fertility awareness method is, and how it works.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Thrivemarket.com/modelhealth⇐ 25% off your entire 1storder + free shipping!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Your Body’s Hidden Fat Loss System with Dr. Alan Christianson – Episode 332
- Your Microbiome and Your Lifespan with Dr. Steven Gundry – Episode 336
- Beyond the Pill by Dr. Jolene Brighten
- Connect with Dr. Brighten Website/ Instagram/YouTube
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!