TMHS 356: 10 Ways To Increase Your Mental Power & Get Smarter NOW!
We can all agree that for the most part, your level of fitness is within your control. But for some reason, we tend to think of our brain power as a fixed skill set. For years, you’ve probably heard people say that it’s best to learn new skills like instruments and languages as a child. And while it’s true that a child’s brain is more plastic than an adult’s, that doesn’t mean we can’t grow and learn throughout our lives.
The human brain is designed to be adaptable at its core. In fact, studies have shown that the more active we keep our brains, the less susceptible we are to neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia. We should make it a point to focus on our brain’s fitness just as much as we focus on our physical bodies.
This episode is full of tips and strategies you can use to maximize your intelligence, improve your memory, conserve your mental energy, and optimize your thinking. You’re going to learn practical tools you can apply in order to tap into the power of your mind. We’re going to cover mindfulness, changing your beliefs, and how to unlock the true potential of your brain. Get ready to take notes, you’re about to learn exactly how to get smarter!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why you shouldn’t reread chapters of books.
- How to test your recollection skills, and why it matters.
- Why cramming for a test doesn’t work.
- What the Pomodoro Technique is, and why it’s so effective.
- The importance of preserving your mental energy.
- What it means to set non-negotiable rules for yourself.
- Why you don’t need experience to chase your dreams.
- The importance of having a place to think and daydream.
- How aerobic exercise can help your brain relax.
- The simple question you should ask yourself about your habits.
- How to maximize your thinking by taking on different perspectives.
- The importance of being aligned and having a clear vision for your life.
- How mindfulness can help you better understand your thoughts.
- The enormous payoffs of meditation.
- How practicing acceptance can help us make better decisions.
- The power of brain plasticity.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Brain Hacks for Faster Learning & Boosting Retention with Jim Kwik – Episode 232
- Protect Your Mental Energy & Deep Work with Cal Newport – Episode 276
- Reclaim Your Time & Build Your Life Resume with Jesse Itzler – Episode 312
- Cognitive Enhancement Through Exercise with Dr. Wendy Suzuki – Episode 340
- Achieve Peak Performance & Stop Settling with Jairek Robbins – Episode 256
- Thinking Faster & Better with Jim Kwik – Episode 318
- How to Beat Anxiety & Become Unstoppable with Craig Ballantyne – Episode 322
- Emotional Intelligence with Dr. Daniel Goleman – Episode 237
- Eliminate Self-Sabotage with Christine Hassler – Episode 273
- Build Unstoppable Self-Esteem with Tom Bilyeu – Episode 254
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Emotional Intelligence by Dr. Daniel Goleman
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!