TMHS 388: Positive Psychology: How To Wire Your Brain For More Happiness
Have you ever thought about what happiness actually means, and how you can experience more of it? Science shows us that as long as your basic needs are met, you actually have the capacity to learn to be happier. Like most things in life, you’ve got to put in the work if you want to cultivate happiness on a regular basis.
On today’s show, we’re diving deep into the topic of creating happiness. You’ll learn about the science of happiness, its history throughout human evolution, and how happiness occurs on a biochemical level. You’ll hear about the four core components of happiness, and how to incorporate them into your routine.
Most importantly, you’re going to discover seven strategies (with practical action steps) that you can implement in order to create a more fulfilled, happier you in the New Year! So listen in, take good notes, and let’s cultivate the art of happiness.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The subtle distinction between happiness and pleasure.
- What positive psychology is.
- Which genes contribute to overall happiness.
- What percentage of genetics is attributed to our life satisfaction.
- The three brain structures, and their connection to our emotions.
- How your thoughts can influence your emotions.
- Why our brains are evolutionarily wired to seek out problems.
- Which hormones and neurotransmitters play a part in your happiness.
- The four core components of happiness.
- How humor trains your brain to seek out joy.
- Why you should write down a list of things that make you happy.
- The importance of investing in your health.
- What it means to have a positive history analysis of your life.
- How receiving and embracing compliments can make you happier.
- The power of gratitude for overall happiness.
- Why it’s so important to be cognizant of your language.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Embracing Change & Gaining Emotional Agility with Dr. Susan David – Episode 185
- Happiness vs. Pleasure with Dr. Robert Lustig – Episode 240
- with Marisa Peer – Episode 387
- The Science of Friendship with Dhru Purohit – Episode 384
- The Surprising Connection Between Your Purpose, Health, & Success – Episode 380
- How to Use Strategy to Crush Your Goals with Steve Weatherford – Episode 385
- The Science of Gratitude – Episode 320
- Emotional Agility by Dr. Susan David
- Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan
- Connect with me on Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation