TMHS 392: Brain Wash: How Your Environment & Habits Are Controlling Your Life - With Guests Drs. David & Austin Perlmutter
My personal mission is to deliver you content that will inspire, support, and encourage you to live the best year of your life. While having the proper knowledge is an important part of cultivating a healthy and fulfilled life, that knowledge is useless without practical application.
Today you’re going to learn about the disconnect that exists between holding information and actual execution. Father and son duo, Drs. David and Austin Perlmutter, are here to share the groundbreaking information from their new book, Brain Wash. This interview is an insightful look into the physical disconnect that exists in the brain that can hold you back from reaching your goals and living your best life.
In this interview, you’ll hear the latest science on how our brains have evolved over time, and how our modern world has hijacked our ability to make informed and responsible decisions. You’ll learn about the rampant disconnection in our culture, and most importantly, your ability to take control over your mind and consequentially make better decisions, strengthen your relationships, and create healthier habits. I hope this episode will arm you with tips to establish a healthy brain and a happier, more meaningful life. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How our brains have evolved and adapted over time.
- The two parts of the brain that affect the decision-making process.
- How the prefrontal cortex is tied to empathy and compassion.
- What disconnection syndrome is.
- How inflammation disturbs your brain.
- Why the brain can get stuck in a vicious cycle of bad decisions.
- The average amount of time per day Americans spend online.
- Why the prefrontal cortex is like an adult in the room.
- What the Test of Time tool is, and how it can help you manage your online interactions.
- How spending time in nature can improve your decision-making skills.
- The difference between passive and active social media usage.
- Realistic and easy ways to practice your empathy.
- The major disconnection in our culture between information and execution.
- How consuming turmeric and DHA can improve your brain’s connections.
- The role that physician empathy plays in patient outcomes.
- Why taking back your decision-making skills can help you create results.
- How stress and trauma create a disconnect in the brain and affect decision-making.
- The value that mindfulness and meditation have on the brain’s wiring system.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Brain Wash by Dr. David Perlmutter and Dr. Austin Perlmutter
- The Hacking of the American Mind by Dr. Robert Lustig
- The Mozart Effect by Don Campbell
- Connect with Dr. David Perlmutter Website / Facebook / Instagram
- Connect with Dr. Austin Perlmutter Website / Twitter / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation