TMHS 398: Beautiful Teeth, Healthy Gums, & Fresh Breath: Tips For Natural Oral Care - With Guest Nadine Artemis
Standard practices in healthcare are constantly evolving as we learn more about our bodies. It’s shocking to think back on the history of common treatments. Through the 19th century, leeches were a typical medical treatment, and less than 100 years ago, lobotomies were standard practice.
When we know better, we can do better. Emerging studies shape the way we care for our bodies, but now more than ever, we’re realizing our bodies’ systems are much more interconnected than we originally thought. It’s easy to compartmentalize different body parts and systems, but humans are holistic beings. Everything from your nervous system to your cardiovascular system and even your teeth are connected.
Today’s guest, Nadine Artemis, is one of the top experts in the world on holistic dental care. She’s here to share some of her best tips for cultivating healthy teeth and gums. You’ll learn about how cavities are created (and reversed!), how to choose your oral care products, and how to become the expert on your own dental care. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Nadine became interested in creating clean beauty products.
- The process in which essential oils are created.
- What the dentinal lymph system is.
- Why a tooth is similar to a tree in structure.
- How cavities are actually formed.
- Food that discolor the teeth.
- The dangers of teeth bleaching, and how to naturally whiten your teeth.
- What leaky gums are.
- The potential downsides of using conventional toothpaste.
- Which essential oils are beneficial for oral care.
- How the mouth’s microbiome works.
- Natural treatments to eradicate bad breath.
- The benefits of tongue scraping.
- How gum disease and heart disease are related.
- The dangers of amalgam dental filings.
- Why a cavity is like an infection (and how it can heal!)
- How to choose the right toothbrush, and how to brush for gum health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Renegade Beauty by Nadine Artemis
- Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth & Gums by Nadine Artemis
- Why Raise Ugly Kids? By Hal Huggins DDS
- Connect with Nadine Artemis Website / Email / Twitter / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation