TMHS 403: Hyperpalatable Foods, Sketchy Chemicals, & The Genius Life - With Guest Max Lugavere
Our modern world is incredible. We’ve got access to the best medicine in the history of mankind, wi-fi, social media, and podcasts. But there’s no denying that our convenience-based lifestyles have damaged our relationship with things like food inputs, activity levels, toxic burdens, and circadian rhythms. To make a shift that supports your biology, you don’t have to cut out all of your modern amenities and devices. We just need to be more intentional about creating an environment that allows our brains and bodies to perform at their optimal function.
Today, you’re going to learn how to realistically implement habits and behaviors to heal your body and strengthen your brain. Max Lugavere is back to share the actionable research from his newest book, The Genius Life. Not only is Max digging deep into the science behind enhancing your health, but he’s also sharing practical habit shifts we can all engage in.
Max is bringing all of his best recommendations on how to revitalize your body and brain so that you can become your best self. We’re going to cover how and when to eat, the importance of different vitamins for your health, how to limit your toxic exposure in a practical way, and so much more. So click play, apply what resonates with you, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The truth about counting calories.
- Why ultra-processed foods can lead to addiction.
- How eating whole foods can naturally regulate your hunger signals.
- What the thermic effect of feeding is.
- The metabolic advantages of consuming protein.
- Three elements that make a food hyperpalatable.
- What mTOR and AMPK are, and how they work together.
- The importance of optimizing your vitamin D levels.
- How vitamin D plays a role in multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases.
- What the supplement astaxanthin does in the body.
- The differences between magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate.
- How to make informed decisions about sunscreen.
- The history of BPA, and why you should consider using fewer plastics.
- What you need to know about flossing.
- The three P’s of detoxifying.
- How optimizing your sleep can improve your overall health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- The Genius Life by Max Lugavere
- Genius Foods by Max Lugavere
- The Genius Life Podcast with Ra of Earth – Episode 73
- Connect with Max Lugavere Website / Podcast / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation