TMHS 405: Global Pandemic, The Human Virome, & Thriving During Chaos
The coronavirus pandemic is undoubtedly a devastating outbreak that has disrupted our society in a widespread manner. Hospitals are overburdened, economies are crashing, and our modern society has been forever impacted. According to the CDC, the United States is amid the acceleration phase of the pandemic. But our country has been in a health epidemic for much longer than the lifespan of this virus.
Today we’re going to explore what viruses are, how they work, and how we can best protect our bodies from becoming infected. On a bigger picture, you’re going to learn about optimizing and fortifying your immune system year-round, and how to proactively create a community-centered on health and wellness.
I hope to start a conversation that is centered on facts, rationale, and the empowerment that exists when you take care of your body and your community. As always, I wish health and safety for you and your loved ones. I hope this episode inspires you to support and improve your health not only today but for your entire life.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What percentage of the human genome is comprised of endogenous viruses.
- The link between viruses and their hosts.
- How bacteria and viruses differ in size.
- Why viruses are medically treated differently than bacteria.
- What COVID-19 actually is.
- How viruses mutate and adapt.
- The problem with naming viruses after places or animals.
- How the human immune system works to fight invaders.
- What humoral immunity is.
- Why social distancing protects our medical system.
- The link between chronic illnesses and coronavirus fatalities.
- How fear and worry negatively impact our behavior and body chemistry.
- What the nocebo effect is, and how it works.
- 4 practical things you can do to fortify your immune system.
- Why walking is beneficial for immune function.
- What cytokines are, and their relation to sleep.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off raw honey & other immune support natural remedies!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Natural Solutions for Diabetes and the Obesity Epidemic – Episode 91
- Mind Over Medicine with Dr. Lissa Rankin – Episode 144
- Mind Over Medicine by Dr. Lissa Rankin
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation