TMHS 407: How To Reduce Anxiety And Maintain Your Health During A Lockdown
During this unprecedented time, we’re all at home—but on some level we’re all in this together. If you find yourself itching to get back to normalcy, it’s important to remember that this time is an opportunity for significant growth and introspection. None of us will come out of this unchanged, but it’s up to you to determine how you will cope.
Will you allow your mind to become consumed by fear and anxiety, or will you choose to manage your stress and practice peace? My mission is for you to come out of this experience better and stronger than you came into it. On today’s show, you’re going to learn about maintaining your health at home, understanding your risk level, and optimizing your mind and body to thrive under any circumstance.
You’re going to learn about understanding the root cause of the pervasive fear in our society, and how to find inner peace when the world seems overwhelming. This episode contains tips for building mental health and clarity, plus how to shift your workout regimen while you’re stuck at home. I hope this episode inspires you to remain internally calm, healthy and connected no matter what is happening in the world. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What it means to give yourself a mental treat.
- The definition of the Japanese term shinrin-yoku and how it can reduce anxiety.
- How exercise can change expression of genes in the brain.
- Why you don’t need a gym to work out, and how to become more physically literate.
- How walking can improve your immune function.
- Why keeping a consistent sleep schedule is so important.
- How to address loneliness during social isolation.
- Ways to strengthen connection with your loved ones from a distance.
- The fascinating benefits of having a pet.
- How human touch triggers anti-anxiety and anti-depression compounds.
- The third leading cause of death in the US.
- How human interaction helps build immunity.
- Why wearing a face mask isn’t as effective as you might think.
- The one thing you can control in life.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Global Pandemic, The Human Virome, & Thriving During Chaos – Episode 405
- Take Control of Your Financial Health with Jemal King – Episode 325
- Taking Bold Action & Helping People Win with Pat Flynn – Episode 370
- Recharge Your Health & Happiness by Decluttering with Chalene Johnson – Episode 287
- Creating Wealth & Building a Meaningful Life with Andy Frisella – Episode 277
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation