TMHS 408: Master Your Focus In Turbulent Times & Unlock Your Limitless Brain - With Guest Jim Kwik
Now, more than ever, we’re immersed in an influx of information, notifications, and a plethora of stimuli fighting for our attention. Between our devices, ads, and social media, our brains are easily held captive to endless distractions. While none of these distractions are inherently evil, it’s our responsibility to monitor and intentionally direct our attention.
If you want to learn how to harness the power of your mind, there’s no better person on the planet to learn from than Jim Kwik. Jim is the world’s foremost expert in accelerated learning and memory, a speed-reading expert, and the most frequent guest on The Model Health Show! Jim is back on the show to share more of his game-changing tips to upgrade your brain, accelerate your learning skills, and unlock an exceptional life.
You’re going to hear about how to expand your mindset, motivation, and methods so that you can truly be limitless in whatever you wish to achieve. As always, Jim is serving up concrete and effective tools you can use to maximize your potential and harness your superpowers. You’re going to learn how the things that keep you stuck in a rut are the very things that can empower and liberate you. I truly hope you enjoy (and apply) the powerful insights from this episode.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The question that inspired the Limitless framework.
- How our self-imposed labels become limits.
- The three components of the Limitless model.
- How to change the way you think about motivation.
- The four digital supervillains that hold us back from learning and focusing.
- How your memory is similar to a physical muscle.
- What task switching is, and how it decreases your time management.
- The one skill you need to master in the 21st century.
- How many thoughts we have per day.
- Why your brain acts primarily as a deletion device.
- How the human brain is like the Instagram algorithm.
- The three questions you need to ask to turn knowledge into power.
- How to improve your concentration muscle.
- Which of your senses is most heavily tied to memory and recall.
- Why handwritten notes are better for retention.
- The difference between note-taking and note-making.
- Why information tied with emotion is unforgettable.
- Practical tips to learn how to read faster.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off raw honey & other natural remedies!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Limitless by Jim Kwik ⇐ Preorder the book and get your free 10-day course!
- Mindset by Dr. Carol Dweck
- Kwik Brain 013: How to Take Notes for Rapid Recall
- Improve Your Memory & Read Faster with Jim Kwik – Episode 56
- Connect with Jim Kwik Website / Podcast / Twitter / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation