TMHS 638: Early Onset Puberty Is Surging In Children
Puberty is an important part of human growth and development, but what happens when it occurs too soon? Early onset puberty is defined as a child undergoing the developmental changes of puberty earlier than normal. While this was once a rare occurrence, rates of early-onset puberty more than doubled during the pandemic.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, we’re diving into one of the epidemics plaguing our youth: early-onset puberty. You’re going to learn some of the contributing factors of early puberty, the long-term ramifications of undergoing puberty at a young age, plus action steps you can take to protect your children from this condition.
Poor statistics relating to our health isn’t something we just have to accept, especially when it comes to our children. My hope is that this episode will arm you with the information and empowerment you need to implement changes in your own home. As always, change starts with us.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How rates of early onset puberty in girls surged during the pandemic.
- The relationship between our circadian timing and puberty.
- How early onset puberty increases rates of breast cancer and heart disease.
- The connection between early puberty and disordered eating.
- What puberty actually is, and why it’s starting earlier.
- Why side effect is a misnomer.
- Symptoms of early onset puberty in boys and girls.
- The link between obesity and early onset puberty.
- How obesity rates in children have risen over recent years.
- The connection between the microbiome and likelihood of obesity.
- What percentage of the average American’s diet is comprised of ultra-processed foods.
- How much sugar the average American consumes every year.
- What insulin resistance is, and how it can occur over time.
- The definition of xenoestrogens.
- How to choose healthier personal care products for your family.
- The connection between toxic stress and early onset puberty.
- Which demographic is most impacted by early puberty.
- How to create healthier relationships with our devices.
- The relationship between screen time, circadian disruptions, and puberty.
- Simple ways to protect your children against obesity and early onset puberty.
- The importance of building movement into your family culture.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 30% sitewide through 11/29!
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- The History of Sugar – Episode 222
- Estrogen Dominance – Episode 148
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: