TPP 093a: A Conversation with ADHD and Autism Parent Coach Penny Williams
This weeks' guest is Penny Williams, author of the book Boy Without Instructions: Surviving the Learning Curve of Parenting a Child with ADHD, as well The Insiders Guide to ADHD, and What To Expect When Parenting a Child with ADHD. Penny is also the founder of Parenting ADHD and Autism, which features a blog, coaching, and the Parenting ADHD podcast, all aimed at helping parents raising special kids survive, thrive, and parent with purpose.
In our conversation, Penny shares her story of raising her differently wired son, gives us the inside scoop on her books, and shares some of her best strategies for getting through the tough moments with our unique kiddos. I hope you enjoy the episode!
Penny Williams is a coffee-lovin’, ADHD-obsessed momma on a mission, and she’s honored to help families on this always chaotic, often stressful, anything-but-ordinary parenting journey. Through her award-winning books, online parent training programs, and parent coaching, Penny helps families like yours survive and thrive in the face of ADHD through a compassionate, purposeful parenthood.
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Penny’s personal story of discovering her son’s neurodifferences and advocating for him in school
- Why holding her son back one year in school was the best decision Penny made (but she had to follow her gut to make it)
- Penny’s thoughts on medicating kids for ADHD, as well as her story in figuring out the best medication path for her son
- Why Penny had mom guilt with some her choices in supporting her son
- Penny’s thoughts on the co-morbid diagnoses of ADHD and autism
- The challenges of getting a thorough and accurate diagnosis when there are multiple symptoms
Parenting ADHD and Aspergers (Penny’s website)
Boy Without Instructions:Surviving the Learning Curve of Parenting a Child with ADHD by Penny Williams
What to Expect When Parenting Children with ADHD: A 9-Step Plan to Master the Struggles and Triumphs of Parenting a Child with ADHD by Penny Williams
The Insider’s Guide to ADHD: Adults with ADHD Reveal the Secret to Parenting Kids with ADHD by Penny Williams
- Parenting ADHD Podcast
Connect with Tilt Parenting
Visit Tilt Parenting
- Take the free 7-Day Challenge
Read a chapter of Differently Wired
- Follow Tilt on Twitter & Instagram
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices