TWiT 668: How Many Cups in a Stone?
- The FBI wants you to reboot your router right now. FBI agents have gained control of a huge Russian botnet. If your router is affected you just need to reboot it.
- Facebook and Russian ads - how should government react in the age of cyber warfare?
- Amazon sells facial recognition software to law enforcement officials. Is this an invasion of privacy, or a good example of public/private cooperation?
- Alexa records a couple's conversation and sends it to a friend. Amazon has a convoluted explanation, but it may just come down to odds.
- Google's AI can order you food, but Microsoft's can check in on your feelings, at least in China.
- GDPR confusion takes news sites offline and sparks billions of dollars worth of lawsuits.
- Disney's bid to buy Fox gets some competition from Comcast. Does this mean that Hulu is doomed?
- Senators call for investigation into fake pro-net neutrality comments
- Three charged in swatting death
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store