TWiT 743: Lying is Bad is a Lie
- Google Buys Fitbit. Will this be like Google buying HTC, or like Fitbit buying Pebble?
- Apple hires a new smart home team. Can they catch up with Amazon and Google? Can they fix what is wrong with HomeKit?
- AirPods Pro review - the best earbuds we've ever worn. However, they are pricy, and they're still earbuds, with all the issues that come with that.
- AppleTV+ launches. Can an Aaron Sorkin wanna-be, wacky Emily Dickinson, and sexy blind people win the streaming wars?
- NBC's Peacock TV may be free with ads when it launches in April.
- HBO Max launches in May for $15. Will it finally kill cable?
- Twitter bans political ads. Facebook thinks they are just fine, even if they lie. How will Twitter figure out what is a political issue? Does Mark Zuckerberg really think "Lying is bad?"
- PG&E cuts power to millions but still manages to start a 77,000-acre fire. Cell service also fails. So does Comcast. Is this the harbinger of all of America's aging infrastructure finally collapsing?
- National Weather Service tweets out some useful tools to track wildfires and smoke.
- It's the emoji season! The controversy this year: non-gendered emoji.
Host: Jason Snell
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store