Take Me Out to the Socially-Distanced Ballgame (with Larry Baer)
Dr. Bob calls up San Francisco Giants President and CEO Larry Baer to talk about what it’s taken to get people back in the stadium for the first time since 2019. They discuss what fans have to do to see a game, how the organization decided on those criteria, and what the reaction has been so far. Plus, what the Giants are doing to encourage people to get vaccinated.
Follow Dr. Bob on Twitter @Bob_Wachter and check out In the Bubble’s Twitter account @inthebubblepod.
Keep up with Andy in D.C. on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. Become a member, get exclusive bonus content, ask questions, and get discounted merch at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/inthebubble/.
Support the show by checking out our sponsors!
- Click this link for a list of current sponsors and discount codes for this show and all Lemonada shows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NEJFhcReE4ejw2Kw7ba8DVJ1xQLogPwA/view
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Here’s more about the 2021 MLB season and how COVID-19 is affecting it: https://www.mlb.com/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-mlb-in-2021
- Check out this article about how the MLB is encouraging players to get vaccinated: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/12/sports/baseball/mlb-coronavirus-vaccine.html
- Learn more about the Giants’ FanSafe at Oracle Park program: https://www.mlb.com/giants/fans/safety
- Read more about the therapy bunny who took in a game at Oracle Park last month: https://abc7news.com/sports/therapy-bunny-in-oracle-park-stands-a-hit-with-san-francisco-giants-fans/10539344/
- Here’s more about how San Francisco celebrated Willie Mays’s 90th birthday: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/08/willie-mays-90th-birthday-san-francisco-giants-celebration/
- Learn more about Dr. Bob Wachter and the UCSF Department of Medicine here: https://medicine.ucsf.edu/
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes for friends and family, go to www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-the-bubble shortly after the air date.
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia. For additional resources, information, and a transcript of the episode, visit lemonadamedia.com.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.