Taking Career Risks
Sometimes when we want to make advancements in our career and/or skills we need to take risks.
Some risks will be bigger than others.
Some with higher rewards than others.
Why would you want to take a risk
- Leadership opportunities
- Learn a new skill
- New challenges
- New experiences
- Try something new - test if you like something new
- Early in your career
- Bored / feel stuck / stagnant / complacent
When to take risks in your career:
- Early - recover
- Feel like you're hitting a wall / ceiling
- Need a new challenge / growth
- Stable in other areas of life
- Reward balances risk
- Universe / God / Higher power / etc is prompting you
- Keep getting opportunities presented to you
- Take on more responsibilities in current role
- Start a business
- Contract work / side projects
- Lateral move in a new industry
- Check your gut
To support the show:
Online Store (you can get 15% off using code CAREERTALKPOD15):
For show notes go to:
To work together:
For the Google Survey:
We are written, produced, hosted and edited by Stephanie Dennis
Go be your amazing self today!!!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/careertalk/message