TangleCast 65: One Piece Stampede
One Piece: Stampede, the latest movie in the series, hits North American theaters beginning this Thursday (October 24th), and in this episode of the TangleCast, David, Peter, and Holly give you their spoiler-free thoughts on the film! Join the One Piece fanatics (well, two super fans and one…not so much) as they discuss the franchise’s enduring popularity, Stampede‘s similarity to the Avengers films, and their ratings for the movie.
2:31 Last episode’s Cast Question
7:47 New Cast Question
11:46 One Piece: Stampede Review—Introduction
18:35 Discussion—Stampede is Avengers
22:12 Discussion—CGI in One Piece and shounen
24:02 Discussion—Final Rating
And we want your feedback as well! Each week we ask a question on the podcast and feature your answers on the next episode. Here’s this week’s CQ (Cast Question): If you could could have one devil fruit power, which would you choose?
- One Piece: Stampede receives a limited North American theatrical release, opening in the U.S. and Canada this week. Check theatrical locations by visiting the official website.
- Crunchyroll recently gave their list of the ten most powerful devil fruits; Ranker has devil fruits listed as well.
- Holly mentions “East Blue” as a starting point—this post details that, while this one discusses it and gives other tips as well. You could also take a look at Crunchyroll’s video timeline for the series.
- Speaking of Crunchyroll, here’s an article from the site about One Piece’s significance.
- The team discusses Stampede’s use of CGI—here’s a short history of anime’s evolution toward CGI. Will looks at the growing importance of CGI as well.
- SHIROBAKO delves into CGI as well—and we absolutely love that series here at Beneath the Tangles.
- Here are some screen captures from One Piece: Stampede, courtesy of Funimation:
Featuring music and mixed by Celotron (all rights reserved).