TangleCast 76: The Role of Music and Love in Your Lie in April
In this episode of the TangleCast, David, Peter, and Holly analyze an anime that’s as appropriate as any to look at this month—Your Lie in April. In particular, they investigate what makes the series so emotional, focusing on a cast of sacrificial characters, the power that music has to move people, and how love can rescue and restore. Come join them as they revisit this gem of a series.
2:23 Old Cast Question
6:55 New Cast Question
10:33 Anime or Ani-Made Up
19:52 Your Lie in April—First and second impressions
27:20 Discussion—A beautiful cast
35:27 Discussion—Musical moments
46:06 Discussion—Dynamic love
57:04 Discussion—A great series
We want your feedback as well! Each week we ask a question on the podcast and feature your answers on the next episode. Here’s this week’s CQ (Cast Question): What instrument(s) do you currently play or have played in the past?
- The Korean drum Holly played is called a janggu.
- We’ve written many posts about Your Lie in April: Check out a few of our favorites.
- Featured illustration by Sanaa (reprinted w/permission).
- David refers to John 3:16 and Romans 5:8 in the episode.
- If you ever have any questions or need prayer or just want to chat, feel free to reach out to any of us: David / Peter / Holly.
Featuring music by Celotron and David, and mixed by Chris (all rights reserved).