Taryn Marie Stejskal, Ph.D. - From Challenge to Transformation: Resilience, Vulnerability & the Essence of Being Human
Resilience expert Dr. Taryn Marie Stejskal joins Paul F. Austin for a special 2-part interview exploring resilience, leadership, & psychedelics. Dr. Taryn Marie is the #1 international expert on resilience, in both leadership and life, whose mission is to positively impact the lives of 1 billion people, through the concepts of resilience, by 2030. She is recognized as a leading global authority on resilience, wellbeing, and mental health, and she is the Founder and Chief Resilience Officer (CRO) of Resilience Leadership Institute (RLI) and believes that resilience is the key to individual and organizational actualization and acceleration across the globe. By leveraging over a decade and a half of original research on resilience, she developed the empirically-based framework, The Five Practices of Particularly Resilient People.
- Dr. Taryn's personal and professional path of resilience, vulnerability,
- The myth of the Vulnerability Bias.
- How psychedelics can help us tap into our resilience.
- The Five Practices of Highly Resilient People
- Why the practice of vulnerability is so challenging yet essential to our growth and wellbeing.
- The gifts of transformation hidden in the ‘reverse bucket list’ moments of life.
- Dr. Taryn’s latest projects to positively impact the world through resilience.
- Dr. Taryn’s Website, Resilience Leadership Institute
- Book, Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- Dr. Taryn’s podcast, Flourish or Fold: Stories of Resilience Podcast
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Book, Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Dr. Taryn’s TEDx Talk: How Resilience Breaks Us Out of Our Vulnerability Cage
These show links may contain affiliate links. Third Wave receives a small percentage of the product price if you purchase through the above affiliate links.
This episode is brought to you by Third Wave’s Coaching Certification Program. This is an opportunity for coaches with existing practices to be a part of a movement that will change lives.