Teaching Girls Skills for Success with Courageous Brand Co-founder Amy Klein
Teaching Girls Skills for Success with Amy Klein
As moms, we are limited in what we can teach our daughters. No matter how hard we try, we will never be able to offer them advice on every aspect of their lives, and this is totally normal. This is why your children need to be exposed to many mentors and experts so they can learn a range of different skills to ensure they are set up for success at whatever they try their hand in. Amy Klein’s life mission is to change the face of women leadership, one young lady at a time, through The Courageous Brand, an educational company that looks to instill courage and confidence in women and girls. Coming from a successful career in sales and leadership, the absence of women in leadership positions inspired Amy to work towards creating foundational change. In this episode, Amy talks about the impetus for co-founding The Courageous Brand. We talk about the importance of courage and hear how to build confidence. Our conversation also touches on the Entregirl Leadership Academy, what girls will learn if they participate, and how the program leverages experts to help girls build robust knowledge and skills.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Get to know today’s guest, Amy Klein.
- The impetus for founding The Courageous Brand, and the gap Amy and her partner were looking to fill.
- Some of the different offerings The Courageous Brand has.
- What gave Amy and Kelly the confidence and courage to step out in the way that they have.
- Confidence comes through practice, so it’s important to have the courage to take the first step.
- We do not have to pretend like we can do it all without any help.
- The value of having a mentor as a young girl.
- Skills that the Entregirl Leadership Academy instills in participants.
- The importance of exposing your children to skills outside of their bubble.
- An example of a lesson Amy learned from an expert they brought into the Academy.
- The structure of the Entregirl Academy and how to join.
- Amy shares some standout success stories.
“If you have an idea or this belief or this passion and you want to make it happen, it comes down to having the courage to do it first. Don't feel like you need to be confident because I think confidence comes with practice.” — Amy Klein [0:06:54 ]
“Our big thing is having a mentor to help guide you and almost expedite some of those misses that are going to happen no matter what, but they can be there so you don’t feel isolated.” — Amy Klein [0:09:12 ]
“The three pillars of the Entregirls Academy are courage, confidence, and entrepreneurial skills. And those skills are the things that will make them successful, whether they want to be Simone Biles in the Olympics or they want to be the CEO of their house or they want to start a podcast or they want to start their own business or climb the corporate ladder.” — Amy Klein [0:12:43 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)