Teaser: Fostering independence in your children with Amber Trueblood
Fostering Independence in Your Children with Amber Trueblood
It’s not always clear what responsibilities our kids can take on, and often as moms it’s easier to do tasks on their behalf, like preparing lunches or laying out clothes for the following day. In this mini conversation, we discuss how you can gradually foster independence in your kids in a way that is both supportive but also encourages them to grow. Amber shares her advice on how to determine what you can expect from your child depending on their age and how to support their journey to becoming increasingly independent. Tune in today for useful tips and eye-opening insights on this important topic!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How to use your child’s grade as a guide to how much responsibility they can take on.
- Why it’s important to remind yourself that your child is more capable than they were the year before.
- How to delegate more responsibilities while also giving the support they need.
- Why it’s important to realize how delegating benefits both you and your child.
- Ask yourself what qualities you’d like to see in your children as they age.
“All your kids are a year older than they were last year at this time, they can do more, so you can delegate more.” — Amber Trueblood [0:00:43 ]
“Give them some autonomy to make some decisions, but then helping them follow through with it and creating a habit of it.” — Amber Trueblood [0:01:23 ]
“It's nice to realize not only how it benefits you but how it benefits them, and what kind of characteristics you're trying to build in your kids.” — Amber Trueblood [0:01:54 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)