Teaser: How moms can find joy and let go of guilt with Amber Trueblood
In our first mini conversation, we ask Amber Trueblood, a licensed therapist and mother of four, about the biggest obstacles standing in the way of mothers finding joy and success in life. We discuss the interconnected role of guilt and expectations as well as how to recognize when your subconscious expectations are affecting your overall happiness. These expectations can come from a multitude of sources and are often unhelpful. Amber shares her tips for identifying these expectations and evaluating whether they are worth your time and energy. Join us today to hear more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why guilt and expectations are the two major hurdles standing in the way of moms finding joy and success.
- Understanding that your expectations of yourself can come from a multitude of places.
- Why these expectations are often subconscious and unhelpful.
- Why the first step is identifying your expectations of yourself.
- Why expectations are often the primary source of frustration and guilt.
- How identifying a subconscious expectation can banish it.
“And they're the ones that are a lot of the source of that guilt, the source of that self-judgment, the source of that shame, the source of that frustration because at some level, you don't agree with most of these expectations.” — Amber Trueblood [0:01:07 ]
“When you're feeling guilty or triggered in some way, emotionally asking yourself, ‘What's the problem here? What's my judgment? Oh, my judgment is I feel like I should be done with work by six o’clock.’” — Amber Trueblood [0:02:15 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)