Teaser: Nighttime and morning routines with Amber Trueblood
Nighttime and Morning Routines with Amber Trueblood
During the summer months, it’s natural for bedtimes to creep continually later into the evening. This can make mornings particularly challenging when kids return to school. In this mini conversation with Amber, we discuss morning routines and why getting a good night’s sleep is integral to better mornings. She shares her tips for returning to an earlier bedtime and explains how devices can wreak havoc with your children’s sleep. Tune in today for more on this universal topic!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How morning routines set you up for the rest of your day.
- Tips for helping yourself and your family with their morning routines.
- Why getting enough sleep as a parent is crucial.
- How bedtimes shift to a later time slot during the summer.
- How to slowly shift bedtimes back to an earlier time.
- Why removing devices from the bedroom at night is integral to a good night's sleep.
“I think for me, right now, school mornings are intertwined with anxiety, like when it doesn't go well it's intertwined with anxiety,” — Amber Trueblood [0:00:45 ]
“Protecting your sleep, for me, is the first step in having a good morning.” — Amber Trueblood [0:01:41 ]
“If they're literally bouncing off the walls, it might be an overtired. You remember when we were kids and you get so sleepy, you get like punch drunk, like cracking up, like giggling, laughing so hard at sleepovers because you're just so exhausted.” — Amber Trueblood [0:03:05 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)