Teaser: what the FDA doesn't want you to know with board certified Pediatrician Dr. Manasa Mantravadi
40 percent of the 6,000 chemicals present in our food have never been tested. Here today to discuss food safety and environmental responsibility is Dr. Manasa Mantravadi, a board certified pediatrician who launched the world’s first colorful stainless steel dishes for kids, Ahimsa. Despite the staggering statistics around safe consumption, Dr. Mantravadi assures us that legislators listen to moms, and encourages listeners to know their power! Tune in to hear more.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How it is not up to the consumer, but the legislator, to create better policies.
- The statistic that 40 percent of the 6,000 chemicals in our food have never been tested.
- Why she chooses to look at the European Union’s evaluation of chemicals instead.
- How you can’t just change the whole system, but legislators do listen to moms.
- The small group of moms that flagged a big problem around BPA.
- How BPA is just one of a family of chemicals and has been replaced with other things.
- Brands, legislators and regulation and how they listen when you vote with your wallet.
“You’re right, it’s not up to the consumers, it is up to our legislators for better policies on advocating for toxic chemicals not to be in consumer goods.” — Manasa Mantravadi [0:00:38 ]
“You can’t just change the whole system, but I will tell you what I have learned is legislators, regulation, they listen to moms.” — Manasa Mantravadi [0:02:49 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)