Teaser Episode: Fertility Expert Dr. Christina Burns on Covid 19 vaccination, pregnancy and fertility
How the COVID-19 Vaccine Impacts Reproduction with Christina Burns
Today’s guest, Dr. Christina Burns, is the founder of Naturna, an integrative health centre dedicated to the fusion of Eastern medicine and Western science. On this mini episode, we discuss the impact of the COVID-19 vaccine on fertility and the reproductive system as a whole. Within the context of New York, Christina discusses her belief that people should have a personal choice on vaccination based on their own medical history and gives a few examples of patients who have experienced unfavorable fallout on their reproductive activity after receiving the vaccine. We touch on the murky waters of not being able to prove that the vaccine is the root cause of the miscarriages that some of her patients have experienced, and talk about how the vaccine is taxing on the body by causing inflammation. Dr. Burns urges patients to pursue their fertility efforts away from the vaccine, and closes with the truth bomb that there really is no right answer on how to navigate vaccination and fertility. Listen in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How New Yorkers were hit by COVID-19 and have strong opinions on vaccinating.
- Why Christina believes that people should have a personal choice on vaccination.
- Her post-menopausal patient that wouldn’t stop bleeding after her vaccine.
- The proven effects of the vaccine on the reproductive system of both men and women.
- The small contingent of women that believe the vaccine made them miscarry and how this can’t be proved either way.
- How the vaccine is taxing on the body by causing inflammation.
- Why Dr. Burns urges patients to pursue their fertility efforts away from the vaccination.
- How there is no right answer.
“I serve primarily a New York population, and New Yorkers were hit so badly by COVID-19 that there is a very strong opinion in New York about vaccinating.” — Dr. Christina Burns [0:00:01 ]
“There are vaccine reactions. I personally believe that people should have a personal choice according to what’s going on with their health and their family.” — Dr. Christina Burns [0:00:35 ]
“I’ve had a number of menstruating women start having irregular cycles, bleeding several times a month, or losing their period altogether. We know that [the vaccine] is definitely affecting the reproductive system of both men and women.” — Dr. Christina Burns [0:01:18 ]
“The vaccine is also taxing, it causes inflammation in the body, and inflammation is at the root of a variety of different disorders.” — Dr. Christina Burns [0:02:40 ]
“What I usually say to women who are wanting to do the vaccine, understandably, is please do it away from your fertility efforts. Give it at least a month, maybe two, for the body to calm down. Do some acupuncture, make sure you’re eating an anti-inflammatory diet.” — Dr. Christina Burns [0:03:38 ]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)