Temporal with Maxim Fateev
Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Maxim Fateev (@mfateev) trace the development of Temporal, an open-source workflow orchestration engine. At Uber, Maxim co-created the project’s predecessor, Cadence, but Temporal’s roots stretch farther back to include lessons learned at Amazon and Microsoft. In this episode, learn how 18 years of experience in asynchronous messaging and workflows culminated in the foundation of Temporal.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why Maxim quit Uber to start his own company
- Differences between Temporal and Cadence
- How Uber is filling the position that Google once had incubating open-source projects
- Maxim’s advice for aspiring open-source founders
- Samar Abbas (@samarabbas77)