The 4 Pillars of Yoga
For our 4th episode I had the pleasure to sit down with Nikki Estrada. Nikki Estrada has been a prominent fixture in the yoga scene for more than twenty years, lecturing and leading workshops, teacher trainings and immersions nationwide.
Here are some of the questions she answered during this episode.
- Why do people do yoga/go to class in your opinion?
- What are the 4 pillars to a complete yoga practice?
- Why is there so much attention on asana practice compared to the other aspect?
- Do you think it takes more time to feel the impact of a pranayama practice than an asana practice?
- Do you think that (fear/lack of knowledge/lack of teachings in public settings) might also be an obstacle to make pranayama more widely used?
- What’s the first pranayama you teach?
- What's missing in your practice when you don't meditate?
- How can meditation affect your life?
- How can people start a meditation practice?
- Do you talk about diet in your classes? Is that in our scope of practice?
- How does diet can support your practice?
- What the end result of using the 4 pillars together?