The Alamo with Stephen L. Hardin
How much of 2014's The Alamo really happened? To help us separate fact from fiction in the movie, we’ll be chatting with professor, historian and author Stephen L. Hardin. Stephen was also a historical consultant on the movie we’ll be chatting about today, so we’ll get some extra insight into the production of the film as well.
Want to learn more about the real story?
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Lust for Glory: An Epic Story of Early Texasand the Sacrifice That Defined a Nation
- Texian Iliad: A Military History of the Texas Revolution, 1835-1836
- Texian Macabre: A Melancholy Tale of a Hanging in Early Houston
- Houston Displayed, or, Who Won the Battle of San Jacinto? https://secure.touchnet.net/C21403_ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=19&CATID=22&SINGLESTORE=true
- Find more of Stephen's work on his website
Did you enjoy this episode?
You can find the transcript and show notes for this episode at: https://www.basedonatruestorypodcast.com/172/
Support our sponsors: https://www.basedonatruestorypodcast.com/advertisers
Or get ad-free content and exclusive bonus content by supporting the show directly: https://basedonatruestorypodcast.com/support/
Get a peek at upcoming episodes with the email newsletter.https://www.basedonatruestorypodcast.com/newsletter/
Want a chance to be heard on the show? Leave a voicemail at +1 (405) 334-4672.